Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The Dallas Arboretum

So far, up to and including my visit to the Dallas Arboretum, my trip to Dallas has been one of rain, clouds and hail. Even so the weather could not dampen my spirit. Only my cameras. Even though my photos seem a bit dull to me, they are bright and lively to those I've shown them to. I'll let you be the judge.

DSC_3402

I was there for the annual Dallas Blooms event. Hard to believe that just a day or two before there was a non-scheduled, Texas sized thunder storm and hail event. There was the occasion flattened flower but most were photo ready.

DSC_3138

I suppose a tripod would have been a help but considering I walked about 5 miles, more of an annoyance. I really wanted to capture the amazing beauty of this show on the only day I had to visit. My eye was more on the sky I'm afraid and my flash I broke in Florida.

DSC_3164

There was so much to see. It was raining when we got there. Just a sprinkle to freshen everything up. We were there the whole day, had lunch at the cafe, and just before closing the sky opened up. Just a misting in between now and again. A very lucky day indeed.

DSC_3178

Below is one of my favorite photos of the day. The sun poked out and I got down on my knees in thanks - then said - Oh this would make a great photo. Or something like that.

DSC_3361

I love the sign below - I'm not sure if someone was really proud of their work or they just move that sign around all day. The entire place is a photo op from end to end. I think the fact that they laid out thousands and thousands of tulips just for this show was simply amazing.

DSC_3366

I don't remember seeing other signs like it so for the rest of my totally unscripted photos
  [click here]


No comments:

Post a Comment