Thursday, May 12, 2016

Lions and Tigers and More Tigers

I did not really know what to expect when I decided to visit In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue. Maybe a better look at the website might have helped. I mean really, how many wild cats need rescue in Texas.

DSC_2836

The answer - far more than I ever imagined. There are dozens of big cats who are living out their final days from circus or pets, abused, and neglected. They even have a wall with dozens of cats who were well taken care of till their last day.

DSC_2849

Taking photos was a bit of a challenge as there was a double chain link between me and the cats. I managed to shoot through it a few times but mostly you can see it. These photos are more a reminder of this amazing place rather than big cat fine art.

DSC_2863
-
There was a slight admission fee but I felt it more important to donate more. I'm sure the feeding and maintenance of this facility is astronomical and without it these cats would have a much shorter existence. All of them have been humanized and would never survive in the wild. To say this place is their last hope is no exaggeration.


[click here] for the rest of my photos 

[click here] If you can help. There are a lot of places you may donate and never know where the money goes. This is one of those places that saves lives directly with every donation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment