Friday, October 30, 2015

Boynton Beach Pirate Fest - 2015

DSC_9300

DSC_9172 They grow up so fast these days. Not the people in my photos but the events. This is the 4th annual Boynton Beach Haunted Pirate Fest and Mermaid Splash.  An event that has quickly grown to be as big as it's name.

This was my third year of attending. It was not looking good for my schedule this year and really, how many annual events can one person attend. Well considering I took about 500 photos and most of them that were not crowd scenes and vendors were people I know. So I guess, yeah - a lot of people enjoy an annual event.

Speaking of crowd scenes, the first year I went it was tough to get a group shot. This year, it was hard to walk at the end of the day. I heard 70,000 in attendance. I didn't count personally but that seems like a fair estimate. The top photo was taken dead center of the event. There were an equal number of people behind me.


DSC_8937Throw in a beautiful South Florida weekend, exceptional entertainment, vendors, and food. Make it one of the most kid friendly events I attend each year and really, how can you miss.

I was pretty sure I was going to miss it this year but I made one day very last minute.... from before it opened officially till just about close. It is fair to say I missed half the shows. Very disappointing that I could not go both days. I did make a new friend - The fairy right there. It's great to catch up with old friends and make future old friends at the same time. They all fill my camera and my life with color.

If you want to relive the event or see what you missed, I have another 200 photos. Just [click here].  If you sat home this beautiful weekend, Why? There was a time not too long ago that events like this were struggling. Now they are happening around the calendar and overflowing their capacity. I'm hoping this event goes two weekends next year - I don't want to miss a thing.


DSC_8948

DSC_8886

DSC_9209


No comments:

Post a Comment