Saturday, October 10, 2015

Margaritaville Hollywood - Now open

I would say open for business but it's like a party inside. A gigantic beach party. I've been waiting a long time for a resort such as this to open on Hollywood beach. About 37 years more or less. I just noticed this is my 100th post. What better way to celebrate than this grand opening.

IMG_2799

When I first moved to Hollywood way back when, the beach was beautiful, the Broadwalk wide and busy with tourists. The shops and motels were right out of the 50's and 60's and would have been no loss if swept out to sea.

IMG_2804

I didn't actually book a room. A bit pricy, but that's not to say I won't in the future. This was a soft opening but even so it was packed with people checking in and at the pool. I'm holding out till all the restaurants are open.

IMG_2812

I did manage a meal at the Landshark. A better view can just not be had on Hollywood Beach simply by strolling up and asking for a table. Live bands at the bandshell and the crash of the surf make this the best seat in the house. Any of the seats. They all have an unbeatable view.

IMG_2813

If you don't have time for the full meal experience, there is a very convenient bar right on the beach. This is the noon crowd. Good luck getting a stool if you wait much longer than this.  There is no doubt this place it going to put Hollywood Beach on the map. It's a shame I don't live here anymore or I would be a regular. I will certainly visit again when I come back.

IMG_2833

No comments:

Post a Comment