Sunday, October 6, 2013

Double Rainbow

Double Rainbow

I am creating this post completely from the iPhone Blogger Ap including the photo. You just never know when and where inspiration will strike. 

Normally I wouldn't think much of a shot like this but when I posted it to FaceBook , I got a lot more response than I expected. 

I remember growing up in Pennsylvania I witnessed one rainbow in my life to that point. I now live in tropical South Florida where you can see them much more frequently. Double, triple, from two different cloud bursts. I once saw a full 360 degree rainbow. Now that was a momentary, once in a lifetime event. I yelled into the house for everyone to come see. No one could be bothered. 

Several of my friends commented they have never seen a double rainbow. I have seen several. I suppose I spend more time outside looking up in the rain when most people run for shelter. 

2 comments:

  1. FAAAABULOUS!! Both arches are really distinct - while I've seen a few doubles in my time, mostly the 2nd arch is a lot more pale. And I've NEVER seen a triple or a full 360!! That's what keeps ME looking at the 'bad' weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! and it's cool that you are posting this entirely from your iPhone!!

    ReplyDelete