Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Much Needed Getaway to St Augustine, FL

DSC_2888
St Augustine Lighthouse

Life has been challenging recently and I was well in need of a vacation. I had a long list of possibilities but very limited funds. Living at the south end of Florida adds even more limitations if you can't afford a plane ticket. A driving trip it was. Now to choose some place I have not already been a dozen times. Some place that would fill three full days. I am not one to sit around on vacation. I want sights, activities, great food, museums, and maybe a romantic evening carriage ride.

St Augustine seemed to be the answer. 

DSC_2619
Oldest Store Museum St Augustine


I had visited many years ago and was totally clueless about the area. Before this trip I did many nights research including driving up and down the streets on Google maps. My advice, research the trolley tour packages long before you go, figure out what package is right for you then see what kind of discount you can get from the trolley vendors all over the city. It's also a good idea to figure out what you will have time to see. I managed to visit everything on my list and my list was long. There are still a few sights I may want to explore on a future visit.

DSC_2232
St George Street - St Augustine, FL

If you have not ventured to St Augustine or it's been a while, you may want to consider it. This is a town that really wants your business. From the staff at the hotel, to the store and restaurant folks, to the live actors, everyone was simply amazing. I brought back 500 photos, five pounds, and plenty of memories.


For the best photos from my trip [click here]

No comments:

Post a Comment