Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Port Salerno Seafood Festival

I have two very important words to describe the Port Salerno Seafood Festival.


Go Early! 

The photo below was around 1:00 pm and it was already too crowded for me. It gets a lot more packed right up until closing at 8:00 pm.



I was expecting a sleepy, small town event with some nice fresh fish. This was the size of a county fair with three stages, great bands, tons of vendor booths, loads of happy nice people, and a massive amount of delicious seafood. I brought the whole family so we snacked on seared tuna, boiled shrimp, steamed clams, fresh oysters, smoked fish dip, she crab soup, on and on. There were also food trucks if fish is not your thing.



There were plenty of bands but I like my music a little louder and a little harder. I was not disappointed by Scar of the Tropics. They belted out rock tunes for over an hour non stop. I am going to guess this was not their regular crowd but you couldn't tell that by the way people were flocking to the stage.



Let's not forget my pirate friends who I have come to know well over the last few years. They have their own event coming up next weekend. The Treasure Coast Pirate Fest. It's in a brand new location this year. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment