Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Kitchen

Wondering where I went? At least one of my blogger friends has inquired. Well I spent the holidays getting a new kitchen installed. As you can see from this shot I still need the counter tops. I bought this house 470 days ago. If I could have worked straight through and had unlimited budget I would have been done long ago. I needed a new roof, ceilings, walls and a floor not to mention every single appliance, cameras and a security system. The last two weeks in December were the first I have actually been able to spend the night in the place.


I think the greatest joy was coffee made by heating water on the new stove and pouring it into the French Press my daughter bought for me many years ago. I also lit the candles she bought over a decade ago and never used. I vowed I would only light them when I moved into a house again. I had no idea how long that was going to take at the time. It's not as bad as it seems. Living in a tiny apartment I hate has lead me to consider the entire world as my back yard and I have definitely enjoyed exploring it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment